As we’re planning on reviewing quite a few saunas we thought it best to come up with a reviewing framework to make sure our judgements are vaguely consistent. So here we go..
- Overall sauna experience: Cold, Warm, Hot, Top Sauna!
- Facilities: Basic, Standard, Excellent
- Cost: £££ (out of three)
1. Overall sauna experience criterion
We’ll judge our total sauna experience based on the following factors:
- Range of different saunas and facilities
- Aufguss (sauna shows)
- Value for money
- Customer service
We’ll arrive at an outcome based on our own experiences.
2. Facilities criterion
- Basic: a sauna, steam room, shower and changing area.
- Standard: a sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, cold bucket/shower, resting area, changing rooms and drinking water.
- Excellent: all of the standard facilities with additional sauna and steam rooms, foot spa, aufguss (sauna ‘shows’), and plunge pool.
3. Cost structure
£ = £10 or under
££ = £25 or under
£££ = above £25
We’ll also add a relevant link to Trip Advisor if there is one.